THE EVENT DETAILS
At the event, each of the restaurant stations accepts tickets purchased from one of the ticket booths located around town. The tasting area and ticket booths are located in the village, and most of the restaurants are within walking distance. The tickets are $1, and most items range between 1 and 4 tickets. Appetizer, dessert and entree samples are on all of the menus. It doesn't get any better than that!
THE EVENT PARTICIPANTS
The restaurants participating in the 2011 Taste of Ellicottville are listed their booth numbers and offer the following event menus:
1. Coolings Cafe - Chicken Panini, pasta salad, peanut butter cup sundae, kiddie cone and iced tea.
2. The Gin Mill - Bourbon pulled chicken sandwich, fresh cut potato chips, Cajun grilled shrimp skewer, BBQ hog wings and fruit smoothies.
3. Birdwalk Restaurant - Greek salad, 4 cheese ravioli, shrimp pemod with spaghetti, chocolate mousse, cheesecake and fresh squeezed lemonade.
4. The Barn Restaurant - Hungarian stuffed peppers, coconut shrimp, pot stickers, bleu cheese crusted pork medallions and iced tea.
5. John Harvard's Brewhouse - Cuban sandwich, cranberry chicken salad, grilled meatloaf with mashed potatoes and asparagus, and raspberry lemonade.
6. DJs Restaurant - Small ice cream cone
7. Tips up Cafe - Maryland style crab cake, orange whisky chicken skewers with wild rice, pesto pizza, homemade cheesecake with fresh blueberries, and bottled water.
8. Madigans - Dom's strip steak au piovre in bourbon cream sauce, fried chicken tenders with country sausage gravy, chicken wings with sweet and spice sauce, Cajun paste with creole chicken sausage and Madigan's salad with sun dried tomato dressing.
9. Coffee Culture - Red pepper Gouda soup, peach smoothie and iced coffee.
10. Subway - Fresh baked cookies, bag snack, 6 inch BMT sub and bottled drinks.
11. Balloons Restaurant - Shrimp and Sausage gumbo, wings (buffalo, tai or Kentucky bourbon) and bottled water.
12. Hoagies - Chicken wing sub, chicken alfredo pizza, pizza by the slice, frozen peanut butter pie and water or soda.
13. Double Diamond - BBQ pulled pork, beef on weck, beer cheddar chowder, grilled clams and root beer floats.
14. Ellicottville Brewing Company - EBC Classic Shepards' pie, stuffed foccacia, smoked pork belly and corn fritter, and fresh squeezed lemonade.
15. Kabob Cafe - Chicken curry with rice, gyro on pita, chicken Soulvaki pita, roasted red pepper hummus and assorted drinks.
16. Rileys - Hickory buttered ribs, scallops Macadamia and homemade turtle cheesecake.
17. Watson's Candies - Sponge candy , 3 pretzel rods, rice pudding, blueberry clusters and baklava.
18. Silver Fox Steakhouse - Sanibel shrimp over rice, Mediterranean Cobia and sticky toffee pudding cake.
19. Dina's at the Mont - Peach shortcake, cannolis, rocky road fudge bars, homemade cookies and big eye sushi tuna rolls.
20. Dins'a Restaurant - Gourmet pizzas, spinach ravioli, butternut squash bisque, homemade mac and cheese, and fried calamari